"Because you can't hug a tree if you can't find one."

2/10/2008

Growing Challenge Update (let's call this Week One)

I have been neglecting The Growing Challenge terribly. Two weeks ago I pledged to participate by growing more food in my garden this year than I did last year, and was supposed to write weekly about the results. I thought it would be a good way to eat better this summer and to be more in tune with the seasons.
But my head just hasn't been there yet. Around here (my house, I mean), February is for curling up under a blanket with a good book, not for laying out new beds or or even ordering seeds. So while I have been trudging out to my sad little compost pile with a lovely offering every few days, it has been strictly indoor activities otherwise.
Then, I saw this:


...OK, now I'm ready to start.

I won't promise weekly updates, because things just don't move so quickly around here. But
I found the results of the soil test I had done a few years ago, that were never interpreted. If I can find out what all those numbers and abbreviations mean, maybe I'll be able to expand beyond the containers on the patio. And I'll see what I can do about that compost pile.

1 comment:

- jesse said...

I am excited to read your updates on this!