"Because you can't hug a tree if you can't find one."

2/22/2008

My Turn to Play

Oh, the games bloggers play.

A few weeks ago, Chile Chews (a cool blog about sustainable living) tagged me for the Archive Meme (in which I post links to a bunch of my past posts, then share the love by tagging five more blogs). At the time I was living at Virus Central, we were all sick one after the other, and even a trip down memory lane seemed like too much work.

But we are all better now, so here goes.

First step is to post the rules
(which I will clip directly from Chile - why reinvent the wheel, right?):
  • Go back through your archives and post the links to your five favorite blog posts that you've written using the following guidelines.

  • Link 1 must be about family. Link 2 must be about friends. Link 3 must be about yourself, who you are... what you're all about. Link 4 must be about something you love. Link 5 can be anything you choose.

  • Tag five other people, including two bloggers that are newer acquaintances so that you get to know each other better.

  • Read their archive posts and leave comments.
The problem, of course, is that I don't really write about personal things. In this forum. Because I spend so much time journaling, (navel gazing is what I think they call it), I tend to reserve this space for ideas that I think someone else will actually want to read. Things going on beyond my front door; World Changing Issues, like plastic bags and compost. So I may have to interpret those categories a bit loosely, bear with me.

1. The post about my family has got to be the one about Toy Recalls, in which my son finally got his replacement Thomas trains, and promptly outgrew them. Or maybe it should be our Buy Nothing Day video, which turned into a fun family project.
(Ha, two for the price of one.)

2. Our friends Cybil and Andre invited us to their upstate studio for the holidays. (Their names link to an image of their fabulous art work, a collaborative sculptural book they exhibited at last year's Venice Biennale. This link is the post I wrote about our get together.)

3. Myself. Have I written about myself? Only in my very first post, I think, when I wrote about why I was starting UB.

4. I know it sounds cliche, but I really do love trees. In this post, I enthuse about the Mighty Oak. (Or rather, mini oaks. I'm sure there will be more this year, too, so let me know if you would like one.)

5. Ah, anything I choose. (What a luxury!) It has to be We Are the Polar Bears. The photos (brazenly clipped from elsewhere online, I'm afraid) say it all.

Now I get to pass on the Archive challenge. I'm going to go local on this and tag Anne at Sustainable Flatbush, Ethan at Green Brooklyn, Jesse at Humane Recipe, Xris at Flatbush Gardener, and another dear artist friend, Soraya at Escapadas. Again I'll quote from Chile, "
Do it if you want but feel free to bow out gracefully if you so desire."

1 comment:

Chile said...

Thanks for playing! It was interesting to check out your archives. Your Buy Nothing video was a hoot.